GET READY FOR GUATEMALA… MÚSICA Y MÁS!
Hola emerging professionals and young designers! You may have heard that Build Lightly is leading a collaborative design/build workshop in Guatemala Jan. 13-22, 2017. Are you ready for ten jam-packed days of adventure and design/build fun in Central America? If so, then read on for the Workshop application process.
Build Lightly Guatemala 2017 Workshop Application.pdf
- Email completed application and pay the $50 non-refundable Application Fee no later than October 14, 2016.
- Early Bird Discount: Submit the completed application prior to September 14, 2016 and receive $100 off your Workshop Fees!
- Participants will be notified of acceptance by October 21, 2016 and will receive a PayPal invoice to complete the deposit payment.
- Deposits are due November 4, 2016 to confirm your participation in the Workshop. Additional registration information and trip details will be provided to participants upon receipt of the deposit.
- Final payments will be due November 30, 2016.
- Travel itinerary and proof of travel/health insurance due by November 30, 2016.
- We will be accepting 9-12 participants for this Workshop.
The total cost for Workshop Fees will be US$1,500 per participant, including the US$500 deposit required to secure your spot. This includes ten days of hands-on instruction, three meals a day, lodging in Antigua, and ground transportation to/from the project site (airfare not included). All payments will be made via PayPal to Build Lightly Studio.
Feel free to invite any other students, young architects, builders, or friends that may be interested in joining us in January! Note that the Workshop scheduled dates should allow working professionals to take only 4-5 days off, due to the Workshop spanning two weekends and the MLK holiday.
Guatemala Design/Build Workshop 2017 – Música y más!
- Dates: January 13-22, 2017, 10 days, spans MLK holiday
- Instructors: Luke W. Perry & Miriam Gee
- Client: LEAF International
- Project: New music classroom for youth in El Tejar
- Workshop Fees: US$1500
- More Info on the Guatemala Workshop page
This truly collaborative design/build workshop will bring together students and mentors of architecture, engineering & construction to build a new classroom for our client, LEAF International – for the music school in El Tejar, Guatemala. Build Lightly participants will design and construct a dynamic project that engages local students and teachers. We will capitalize on reclaimed and local materials wherever possible and design for flexible teaching space.
Questions about the application process? Contact us at email@example.com.
Miriam Gee and Luke W. Perry
Build Lightly Instructors